Huge Granny Baby Blanket

June 11, 2017
As I make more and more baby blankets, I'm always trying to use different patterns. While it's nice to know you can make something, I do get bored making the same sort of things over and over again, so I'm always on the look out for something different from what I did last time.

This blanket was for woman at my work, and as I hadn't done anything with big granny squares for a while, I decided to go simple and just make a big multi-coloured square blanket. I have a huge stash of bits and pieces of wool, so decided to use all my Aran weight yarn to make this blanket.

Crochet baby blanket

Crochet baby blanket

Crochet baby blanket

Crochet baby blanket

Crochet baby blanket

I did 20 rounds, two rounds for each colour, and then another 10 rounds with just one round for each colour, as I was worried I wasn't going to have enough of any colour to do two rounds.

For the border I used this pattern from Maybe Matilda. I did two rounds of double crochet, and then did a round of the ripple effect, all in white. I think it looks awesome. I just wanted a nice border to make the edges stand out a little more.

This was super easy to work on and I LOVE LOVE LOVE granny squares. I haven't done a traditional style one in ages. I used the pattern from Simply Crochet just to remind me how to do them without adding extra chains, which seems to be a bad habit of mine. It's always nice to double check you're doing something correctly to get the best results.

Yarn Used:
  • Robin Bonny Babe Aran:
    • White.
  • King Cole Fashion Aran:
    • Lewis.
  • Caron Simply Soft:
    • Kelly Green.
    • Robin's Egg.
    • Berry Blue.
    • Royal Blue.
    • Orchid.
    • Lemonade.
    • Autumn Red.
  • Stylecraft Special Aran:
    • Graphite.
    • Plum.
    • Fondant.
    • Lavender.
    • Emperor.
    • Spice.
    • Cream.
  • Plymouth Yarn Encore Tweed:
    • 100.
  • Vanna's Choice Lion Brand:
    • Soft Pink.
    • Peacock.
  • Red Heart Soft Aran:
    • Kiwi Green.
  • Hayfield Bonus Aran with Wool:
    • Barley.

Raverly project page.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.