Friday, 3 March 2017

Crochet Shawl Brooches

For Christmas, I made my mum this lovely crochet shawl. When I made it, I wasn't sure what the best way to wear it was, especially to make sure the lovely decorative edge was on show, and my mum was having the same issues!

When she did manage to find a way to wear it, it kept slipping off her shoulders, so she asked if I would make her a wee brooch to wear with it.

She picked two patterns she liked from Pinterest, and I couldn't decide which one to make, so I made both!

First up, we have this lovely flower brooch by Ali Burdon.

Crochet brooches for mum

Crochet brooches for mum 

My mum asked for this to be in a jadey green, but I sadly ran out of this colour before the last round. I used this nice rose colour for the last round as I thought it went nicely with the jade and then purple of the shawl. I made this using a 5mm hook, as I tried it with a 4mm in the first place, but it was too fiddly for me to see what I was doing.

I finished it off with this sweet, glittery button.

The second brooch is this cute little owl by Laura Maxwell.

Crochet brooches for mum

Crochet brooches for mum

This was really easy to work up, though I'm not sure I got the instructions for drawing the wool through the ears to make them more pointy quite right. Also, anything I make that has a face always has a certain mad look about it, and this owl is no different. Still a wee cutie though.

Yarn Used for Flower Brooch:
  • Lion Brand Vanna's Choice:
    • Rose.
    • Peacock.
Raverly project page for flower brooch.

Yarn Used for Owl Brooch:

  • Stylecraft Special DK:
    • Silver.
  • Hayfield Baby Sparkle DK:
    • Little Mermaid.
  • Woolcraft Baby Care Prints DK:
    • Ballerina.
  • Scheepjes Catona:
    • 384.
    • 106.
    • 208.
Raverly project page for owl brooch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment