Sunday, 19 February 2017

Pizza Mug Cozy

Now I'm back at work, I've started taking my travel mug with me for a cheeky tea on the bus in the morning. I decided it might be a good idea to crochet a wee mug cozy for my travel mug to try and keep my tea warmer in the car journey when I drop Ivy off at her childminder and then drive to get a bus.

I already have a cool felt Mario mug cozy I made a wee while ago, but it doesn't fit my new travel mug, and probably isn't as warm as it could be, so I decided to make a new crochet one.

Pizza mug cozy

Pizza mug cozy

Pizza mug cozy

Pizza mug cozy

Ages ago I had seen this awesome pizza granny square so I knew I wanted to use the pizza as part of the cozy. However, it was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be. I ended up doing one less round of the yellow, because it was already huge, but it still turned out a bit bigger than I meant it too! Whoops! I also did a few less pepperoni because I didn't think I would be able to fit them all on with it being a bit smaller and all.

To make the actual cup cozy I used this pattern from Busy in Brooklyn. I had to do a few extra chains to make it fit around my cup, and then because my cup gets a bit skinner about half way down, I swapped to doing rows of half treble crochet and throwing in a couple of decreases every row to make sure it would work up quickly and it fit the skinnier section. I really have no idea what I did to be honest - I just kept going until it was the right fit/long enough to fit the pizza on it.

Like I said, it's a bit bigger than I meant it to be, so it's a bit of a pain to actually keep on while I'm drinking from it, but it does a very good job of keeping my tea warm while I'm driving, so I'm happy with it. I really want to make more crochet pizzas though, they are so cute!

Yarn Used:
  • Stylecraft Special DK:
    • Gold.
  • Robin DK:
    • Red.
  • Stylecraft Special Aran:
    • Lemon.
  • Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Aran:
    • Red.
  • Lion Brand Vanna's Choice:
    • Rose.
Raverly project page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment