Christmas Presents - Donald's Family

January 08, 2017
Well we're finally on the last of my Christmas present posts! It was all a bit of a mad rush this year, but at least everything got finished in time and everything turned out lovely.

I tend to make something for Donald's sisters and their husbands that's for the house, so it's something I can give to both of them as a couple, and hopefully they will both get some use out of it.

This year I decided to crochet them both a little cactus, as I love the ones we have on our kitchen window so much.

I used the same Cactus by Yarnplaza.com pattern I used before. I made one design I had made for myself, but decided to make a different one as well.

First up we have the same design I made for myself, the cactus with the coloured ball on top.

Crochet cactus

Crochet cactus

And next up we have the different design I made, the circular cactus with the flower on top.

Crochet cactus

Crochet cactus

Crochet cactus

I really love the circular cactus, and sort of wish I had made this one for myself as well. If I ever grace our kitchen window with more crochet cacti, this one will definitely be getting made.

I am also in love with this green yarn, which is Seaspray Mist Lion Brand Vanna's Choice yarn. It gives the cacti a lovely effect, and makes them look a bit more realistic than a solid colour would have.

This time I popped them in these cute little home mug I got from Asda, as I thought they made a lovely little planter for them.

Crochet cactus

Crochet cactus

I also put a little gift tag on each of them to give them a bit of an explanation!

Crochet cactus

Crochet cactus

I love these so much! Crochet plants are definitely the way forward. You can make them in any colour you want and you don't have to worry about watering them.

Yarn Used:
  • Vanna's Choice Lion Brand:
    • Seaspray Mist.
    • Scarlet.
    • Toffee.
    • Rose.
Raverly project page.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.