Patch Game

March 23, 2016
For a little while now I've had a little stash of patches waiting to be sewn on to something. I had planned to add them all to my army jacket, which already has some patches on it (you can see posts about that here and here), but I ended up with quite a lot after going on a shopping spree on night when I was having a bad day and was worried about overloading it!

I decided it add a couple more patches to my jacket just to finish it off, and then use the rest on my favourite tartan scarf. I wear it all the time, so the patches will definitely get shown off a lot. I also had one patch which was had sewn and I was worried about it getting wasted on my jacket, so felt the scarf was a safer choice!

Check out that selection!

Patch jacket

First up, my jacket.

Patch jacket

Patch jacket

Patch jacket

I add these two patches to the arms. The big K is from Hobbycraft, and the Friday the 13th patch is from Storied Threads on Etsy, which Donald got me for Christmas.

Patch jacket

Patch jacket

I also added these two tiny patches to the pockets, which are also from Hobbycraft. I'm a little wary of adding any more to the jacket as I don't want it to be overloaded, but I might consider adding a couple more to the arms in the future.

I decided to add the rest of the patches to my scarf. These all seem to be awesome lady themed patches, so at least the scarf has a theme!

Patch jacket

Patch jacket

The I Donut Care and the Seek Adventure patch are both from the Lucky Dip Club, the ghost patch is from The Sad Ghost Club, and the amazing hand stitched Ginger Snaps patch is from Rad Patch Co. This is the one I felt would be safer on my scarf as it won't be getting rubbed against things or probably getting as dirty as it would on my jacket. If you want major embroidery envy, I would follow her personal account on Instagram so you can see all her stitching. It really is amazing!

Patch jacket

The cactus patch is from BelsArt, which I actually just bought to make sure my scarf was even on both side, and the three awesome girl gang patches are from Jade Boylan.

I decided to sew all the patch on, even though some of them are iron on, as it's easier to fix if you do something wrong, and also easier to remove them if I ever need to in the future, so they're not wasted!

I'm super happy with how cool my jacket and scarf look now, and even happier I've FINALLY gotten around to actually sewing all my patch on something!

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.