Friday, 4 December 2015

Crochet Mandala

This is definitely one of those projects that I had no real need to make, but I've thinking about for quite a while. We have a big jug on one of our side units, which I've been using to hold flowers since we moved into our new house. Even though I put a cork mat under it when the flowers are actually in there, and make sure I dry it properly when it's empty, it still seems to be leaving a ring on the top of the unit.

I've seen loads of lovely patterns for crochet mandala's on Instagram and Pinterest, so I decided to make one to try and save the sideboard.

I found this lovely selection of Abstract Flower Motifs for free on Etsy, and decided to make the biggest one, which is number 8. I used leftover wool I had from making Captain Toad, so I used a 3.5mm hook to match the yarn.

Crochet mandala

Crochet mandala

Crochet mandala

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, as it's just the right size to fit under the jug. I blocked it lightly to make sure it lay flat, but I love how neat it looks. I would love to make a huge one for use on a big table or something. I just love how all the different stitch combos make sure a cute pattern.

Yarn Used:

  • Scheepjes Catona:
    • 100 Lemon Chiffon.
    • 172 Light Silver.
    • 179 Topaz.
    • 384 Powder Blue.
Raverly Project Page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment