Friday, 27 November 2015

Pokemon Cross Stitch

I'm less than a week away from my due date now, and I've been trying to finish all the baby related crafts I've had in my head for a while but never got around to making them.

One of these was some cross stitch action for the baby's room. The baby room is ocean themed, and I knew I wanted to make something geeky for them, so I decided to water themed Pokemon. I thought this fitted in with the water theme and the geeky-ness. It also helps that Pokemon are super cute!

After a look on Pinterest, I got all the patterns for the 6 Pokemon I made from Birdie Stitching. If you're looking for any Pokemon cross stitch patterns, I highly recommend this site! It literally had every Pokemon I was looking for, as well as being able to find the quite small sized patterns I was looking for.

There's a full colour key with every pattern, but I just picked similar thread for each project so I didn't have to go out and buy loads of thread, and I think I made them look as similar as possible and I love how they look.

Pokemon cross stitches

Pokemon cross stitches

Pokemon cross stitches

Pokemon cross stitches

Pokemon cross stitches

Pokemon cross stitches

Here's the links to all six patterns I used:
I did three on blue aida and three on green aida, as well as doing 4 blue Pokemon and 2 orange Pokemon so I could arrange them neatly in the frames we bought. We got these cool ones from Ikea that are made for three photos each, which I thought was an awesome way to display them. I debated over individual frames or embroidery hoops, but I'm really happy with these frames, and being Ikea they were super cheap too.

Pokemon cross stitches

Pokemon cross stitches

Pokemon cross stitches

Pokemon cross stitches

Please excuse the awful photo, it's really hard to not get a super reflection going on! So that's the baby's room officially finished now! Thank goodness!

0 comments:

Post a Comment