Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Halloween 2015

Yay, it was Halloween at the weekend. I love Halloween, so I was super excited about everything. Also as this was the first year we've lived in a house, we had loads of kids come round guising, which was double exciting! Though we did have to run out for more sweets, but it was lovely to be involved in it all.

So first up, I got to decorate the house a bit this year as we had the space to put out some of the extra Halloween stuff I have hanging around. I just popped some stuff on the sideboard, and on a shelf in the hall, as well as making some Halloween paper chains and hanging them on the stairs.

Halloween stuff

Halloween stuff

Halloween stuff

Halloween stuff

Halloween stuff

Next up, the pumpkins. The first one we bought rotted through in like a few days, so Donald had to run out and get another one on Friday afternoon, and we ended up with two slightly smaller ones. I went with a traditional looking one, and zombie-ish looking one.

Halloween stuff

Halloween stuff

Halloween stuff

And last up we have my costume. Ever since I've know I was going to be heavily pregnant over Halloween, I knew I wanted my bump to be part of the costume. I've seen a lot of pregnant zombies, with the baby bursting out the bump, and I decide that's what I wanted to do.

I really felt bad about the thought of cutting up a baby doll to make my costume, so I decided I was going to try and craft it out of felt instead. So here it is before I added all the fake blood.

Halloween costume

I kept laughing out loud when I was making this, as it just looked ridiculous, but I'm very proud of how it turned out, and that I managed to get the wee arms to be sticking out.

Halloween costume

Halloween costume

I managed to convince Donald to be a zombie too so we headed out as a zombie family. I used Ever So Juliet's tutorial for zombie make-up for both of us as it just used normal make-up and not loads of posh face paint.

Halloween stuff

Halloween stuff

Halloween stuff

Halloween stuff

Halloween stuff

Halloween

So that was our Halloween. I'm very excited to have the little one to dress up next year as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment