Captain Toad Amigurumi

November 18, 2015
A while ago, I made my friend Kirk a Yoshi amigurumi, which turned out pretty awesome if I do say so myself. After I handed it over, he requested a Toad amigurumi to go with him. He had a look at patterns and came up with this one from Sabrina Somers, which I fell in love with. I usually have a dig around for some free patterns, but this one was just so much nicer than any of the free ones out there, I couldn't say no.

This pattern also used cotton sport weight yarn, which isn't something I have in my stash, so it meant a little yarn shopping too. I tried to match all the colours using Scheepjes Catona yarn, as it came in little 25g balls, which was perfect for a small project like this. I bought 10 different colours, though I only ended up using 9. I bought 263 Petal Peach for the light beige asked from by the pattern, and 255 Nude for the skin colour, but they were basically the same colour when they arrived, and as the colours were used next to each other, I needed them to have a contrast! I ended up using the dark beige colour I bought (179 Topaz) for both dark and light beige in the pattern, as the colours were never used together, so it didn't make any difference!

Anyway, enough words, here's so lovely photos of the little guy.

Toad crochet

Toad crochet

Toad crochet

Toad crochet

Toad crochet

Toad crochet

Toad crochet

Toad crochet

Toad crochet

I mean how cute is he? I'm super impressed with how he turned out, and it took me like a whole afternoon to sew together as there were so many little bits, but it was so worth it. I'm super proud of him, and he's definitely the most complex amigurumi I've ever attempted.

The pattern is super easy to follow, and I can't recommend it enough! Most of the basic shapes were the same, so it was really easy to get the hang off, there was just a lot of different pieces to make up! Check out this photo of him waiting to be assembled!

Toad crochet

Yarn Used:

  • Scheepjes Catona:
    • 100 Lemon Chiffon.
    • 172 Light Silver.
    • 179 Topaz.
    • 157 Root Beer.
    • 106 Snow White.
    • 115 Hot Red.
    • 255 Nude.
    • 384 Powder Blue.
    • 208 Yellow Gold.
Raverly Project Page.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.