Friday, 13 November 2015

Baby Embroidered Pouch

A little while ago when I was buying some craft supplies, I bought this little fabric pouch. I wanted to keep my tarot cards in it, and embroider it with something cool. However, when it came, I clearly didn't pay attention to the size, because it was pretty tiny. So I stashed it in my fabric box, waiting for another purpose.

I've been getting things ready for the baby, and while I was making up a basket my mum bought us with all their toiletries and stuff, I realised how tiny the little nail clippers and scissors I bought for them were, and how I should keep them in something. That's when I remembered the pouch!

Our nursery is ocean themed, so I thought I could stitch some water-based cuties on the pouch. I turned to Stitch Love by Mollie Johanson as I knew the patterns were split into different themes, and there was a water themed one.

I went with a wee Nessie and a mermaid, as I love a mythical creature (though I fully believe in Nessie) and they went with the ocean theme.

Baby pouch

Baby pouch

Baby pouch

Baby pouch

Baby pouch

Baby pouch

How cute is it? I love adding little handmade things for the baby, though I'm in the middle of a big project for the nursery walls right now, which I'm hoping I can finish before they appear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment