Studio Ghibli Fabric Frame

October 28, 2015
Spoonflower treated us a little while ago with another free swatch day, this time with their poly crepe de chine fabric.

I wasn't going to get any fabric this time around, as I really didn't know what I would use it for, but then I saw this amazing Studio Ghibli print fabric.

Studio Ghibli fabric

I mean how cute is it? After I got it through the post, I decided the best thing to do was to frame it. Then it could be on display and I wouldn't have to worry about cutting it or trying to sew with it!

We bought a nice square frame from Ikea (black to go with our living room) and then popped it in.

Studio Ghibli frame

Studio Ghibli frame

I've popped it up on our shelves for the moment, though we can hopefully get it up on the wall at some point. I also think I could do with giving the fabric an iron, but it was giving me the fear going anywhere near it with anything hot/sharp!

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.