Crochet Hat

October 11, 2015
A few weeks ago I won the Let's Knit Top 5 Makes Competition on Twitter for my Mario baby blanket. It was so exciting winning, and getting a mystery prize through the post.

My awesome @letsknitmag prize arrived and it's some lush chunky Herdy Wool! Those colours are also amazing together. Can't wait to make something with this! Thanks so much 💕

When my prize showed up it was two lovely balls of Herdy Wool, in purple and grey, which I think is a lovely colour combo. I decided I really wanted to make myself a hat out of the colours, and set off looking for the perfect pattern.

It's quite hard to find a bobble hat with stripes in two colours with only 100g of each, so I had a few days of digging around Raverly and Pinterest to find the perfect one. I tried my hand at a couple before giving up because I didn't like them, but I eventually found this one by String Theory Crochet, and thought it looked perfect. Two colours, stripes, nice and slouchy, and a pom pom = awesome.

Crochet hat

Crochet hat

Crochet hat

Crochet hat

Crochet hat

Crochet hat

Please excuse my badly taken model photos! Sunlight is limited these days, so I have to take photos when I can.

This hat was really quick, and I knocked it up in two evenings. I used the biggest pom pom maker I had for the pom pom, and stuffed it to the point of it half bursting open halfway through, as I wanted a really huge but not floppy pom pom. I think I achieved it, it looks so nice!

Yarn Used:
  • Herdy Wool.
    • Purple.
    • Grey.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.