Friday, 30 October 2015

Candy Corn Rat

Well it's Halloween tomorrow and I just love Halloween. I love dressing up, carving pumpkins, and everything horror related. I have a post to go up with my costume and such this year, but last night I decided to craft something that has been on my to-make list for just ages! I even bought the wool for him months ago, but just never got around to making him.

The pattern in question is Candy Corn Rat from Adventure Time by Pops de Milk, which you can get for free! I love Pops de Milk, it's one of my favourite blogs, and I have the supplies to make a few more of her patterns, but I decided on Candy Corn Rat as he fits the season. We don't really get candy corn over here in Scotland, but I watch enough American TV to know it's Halloween related.

Candy corn rat

Candy corn rat

Candy corn rat

Candy corn rat

Candy corn rat

Candy corn rat

Candy corn rat

Look how cute he is! I love his little fat butt! He worked up super fast, in a couple of hours in the evening while the other half was playing GTA V. His legs and ears were a bit fiddly as they are so small, but luckily they were only a couple of rounds each so it wasn't too bad!

I love that I just have the confidence to read a pattern and by like "Yeah, I can totally make that!" now. Crochet used to give me the total fear, but I feel so much happier with it now, and it's great I can make wee cuties like this guy in one sitting.

He can chill with our Halloween decorations for a couple of days, and then probably take up residency in my craft room or on our books shelves with most of my other homemade creations.

Yarn Used:
  • Hayfield Bouns DK.
    • Sunflower.
    • Bright Orange.
  • Stylecraft DK.
    • Cream.
  • Knitting Essentials.
    • Black.
Raverly Project Page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment