Friday, 18 September 2015

Yoshi amigurumi

While I don't do a lot of crafting on request (because usually people are asking me to make something I've just finished making again, and that can get a bit boring), I do actually like it when people ask me to make them something new. It's fun to make something that I don't have to find space for in my house, and it also gives me the chance to make something I might not have made otherwise.

A couple of weeks ago my friend Kirk asked if I could make him a Yoshi amigurumi, as he had wanted to get one of the new Yoshi amiibos but they are really hard to come across. I had a look for a good free pattern, discovered I had all the right wool without buying any additional stuff (always a bonus), and got to work!

There were quite a few patterns out there, but a lot of them looked a bit naff if I'm being honest. I went with this one from Mary Smith on Raverly. It was just the right size, free, and his face looked much cuter than all the other ones I had seen.

Yoshi amigurumi

Yoshi amigurumi

Yoshi amigurumi

Yoshi amigurumi

Yoshi amigurumi

Yoshi amigurumi

Yoshi amigurumi

I really liked this pattern. It was really easy to follow, and got you to assemble as you went along, so you always had a little plushie to look at when you set the project aside, which I really liked.

I also learned how to do a reverse single crochet, which is what made the little white ridges on his shell. I had seen this stitch once before, when I made my crochet fox basket. I thought I had done it right then, but I definitely hadn't as it just looked the same as a normal single crochet! Oh well! It's nice to know how it's supposed to look now.

I was worried this would be quite hard as there was so many seperate parts, but it was really simple to follow, and I think I did a pretty good job. Kirk has since requested a Toad to go with Yoshi, so that might be coming soon too!

Yarn Used:

  •  Robin Bonny Babe Aran:
    • White.
  • Caron Simply Soft:
    • Lemonade.
    • Autumn red.
    • Kelly green.
Raverly project page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment