Innocent Big Knit Hats

September 25, 2015
This is my third year making hats for the Innocent Big Knit campaign (you can see my previous posts here and here).

If you don't know about the Big Knit campaign, every year Innocent ask people to knit tiny hats to send to them. They then pop these hats on their smoothie bottles, and give 25p from every bottle they sell to Age UK.

It's a great thing to be a part of, great for busting your stash, and super cute to see all the tiny hats when they appear in shops.

As I'm getting super organised with the baby on the way, and the deadline for sending in hats being December 11th, I thought I should make my little hats now to make sure they get done.

I made 3 my first year (all knitted) and 15 last year (1 knitted and 14 crocheted) so this year I decided to go for 10. I think 10 is a nice round number, and the one I will be aiming for when I take part in future years. This year I knitted 3 (as I'm a bit speedier at knitting now) and then crocheted the other 7.

First up are my knitted hats. I used the beginners hat pattern for these.

Innocent hats

Innocent hats

Innocent hats

Next up are my crochet hats. I think these look better than the ones I did last year (possibly because last year I was still doing my treble crochets with an extra step!). For these I used the crochet flower on top hat pattern, but swapped the flower for a pom pom.

Innocent hats

Innocent hats

Innocent hats

Innocent hats

Innocent hats

Innocent hats

Innocent hats

And here they are all together! They are so cute!

Innocent hats

If you're interested in taking part, check out The Big Knit website for all the details, and make sure you get your hats posted off in plenty of time!

Yarn Used:

  • Paton Fab.
    • Lilac.
  • Stylecraft Special DK.
    • Wisteria.
    • Aspen.
    • Apricot.
    • Sherbert.
    • Silver.
    • Fondant.
    • Spring green.
  • Rico Basic Acrylic.
    • Neon orange.
  • Blue cotton yarn I got in a free kit. 
Raverly project page for knitted hats.

Raverly project page for crochet hats.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.