Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Granny Ripple Baby Blanket

So I've already made one, slightly geeky, blanket for the baby, but I decided I wanted to make them just a plainish one as well. I wanted to do something granny but I've done so many granny squares so I decided to try a granny ripple instead.

I went with this Rainbow Blanket pattern from Raverly as it looked quite easy to follow for something I had never tried before. I decided to go with a coolish colour scheme and picked two shades of purple, green, and blue for the colours as they went really nicely together.

Granny zigzag baby blanket

I'm really happy with how it turned out, but I wish I had done the start if it a little better, as it's not as pointy as the end row (the dark blue). I blocked it over the weekend, and was really happy with how those dark blue points turned out. I did get the light green side to be a bit more shapely, but I think I just did the starting chain and the first row a bit too tight, and it made the shape quite hard to get as the rows went on.

Granny zigzag baby blanket

Granny zigzag baby blanket

One side ended up quite tight as well, and seemed to get more squint the closer to the top I got, but overall I think it looks lovely, and I really doubt the baby is going to care if it's not super pointed on one side. I love the effect the zigzags have together, and the colour combo is just lush!

Granny zigzag baby blanket

Yarn Used:
  • Caron Simply Soft:
    • Grape.
    • Orchid.
    • Blue mint.
    • Robin's egg.
    • Royal blue.
    • Berry Blue.
Raverly project page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment