Scooby Doo Perler Beads

August 09, 2015
Friday was my mum's birthday, and I wanted to make her a little something to go in with her main present. I looked at a couple of perler bead patterns, but everything was turning out huge when I went to make it, so I eventually decided on this Scooby Doo one.



My mum has always been a Scooby Doo fan since she was wee, and it's something I've always loved too, so I thought it was a pretty good pattern to pick. However, because all the characters were joined together, I was pretty convinced I was going to break this when I tried to iron it. The fear was so strong that I even took a pre-ironing photo, just in case it didn't make it.

Scooby doo perler beads

It took a few ironing attempts, and I definitely had to iron it a lot more than usual to make sure it all stuck together, but it made it! Phew!

Scooby doo perler beads

Scooby doo perler beads

Shaggy's back leg is a bit fat due to all the over-ironing but overall I think it looks pretty cool. It's now sitting proudly on my mum's kitchen window. You're never too old to make handmade gifts for your mum!

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.