Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Embroidered Pouches

In August I have a couple of friend's birthdays quite close together, and while I was searching for some inspiration for things to make them, Mollie at Wild Olive posted about these awesome zipped embroidered pouches. I thought they were really cool because they are lined, have a zip, and you can embroider anything you want on them.

The first one I made was for my friend Griz, who really likes cats, so I decided to use this lovely free pattern from The Pink Samurai I had stashed for my embroidered duvet, but have yet to use. Though there's still another three cute cats, so they might make it on to the duvet.

Embroidered pouches

I used the stitch over tracing paper technique, which I don't like as I can't seem to stop it stretching my stitches when I pull it away, no matter how careful I am, but I couldn't find another way to get the pattern on to the felt successfully enough.

Embroidered pouches

Embroidered pouches

Here's so details of the zip and the blue heart-print lining I used.

Embroidered pouches

Embroidered pouches

Then I stuffed it with some sweets!

Embroidered pouches

For the second pouch, which was for my other friend Tiny, I wanted to do something Disney (as she's Disney mad), and after finding out her favourite movie was Pocahontas, I used this lineart image I found on DeviantArt as my embroidery pattern.

Embroidered pouches

I think she turned out really good, and I'm glad I used the lineart version as sometimes faces can go a bit odd when you embroider them.

Embroidered pouches

Embroidered pouches

Embroidered pouches

Embroidered pouches

Again I stuffed it with some goodies before I gave it to her.

Embroidered pouches

I really love these pouches, and I like how easy they were to pop a zip in even though you were stitching by hand.

2 comments:

  1. I love my pocahontas pouch. I now even put my phone in it to stop it getting scratched in my handbag xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm so glad you like it! And that it's useful! x

    ReplyDelete