Sunday, 30 August 2015

Crochet Fox Basket

A little while ago I made Donald a little basket to keep all his stuff in on our side unit so it wasn't as cluttered. I've been trying to carry less stuff around in my handbag lately, as I already have a baby to be carrying, so that means a lot more of my stuff has been getting dumped around too.

I decided to make myself a basket too, though maybe a bit of a bigger one as I have more stuff! After a search on Pinterest, I found this awesome fox basket, which you can get the free pattern for on Raverly.

I already had the right colours of wool to make it so knocked it out in a couple of evenings.

Crochet fox basket

Crochet fox basket

Crochet fox basket

Crochet fox basket

Crochet fox basket

Crochet fox basket

Crochet fox basket

Because you had to work the pattern with two strands, I actually ran out of white halfway through as it ate the yarn a lot faster than I thought it would. So I made this with half Caron Simply Soft white and half Robin Bonny Babe Aran white, with Stylecraft Special Aran in spice and Caron Simply Soft in black.

I had never done so many colours changes in crochet before, so even though it's quite obvious where I've done them, I'm still really happy with how they turned out. This was marked as an intermediate pattern and I managed it no problem, so I definitely feel pretty confident about my crochet skills these days.

You can check out my Raverly project page for the fox basket here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment