Wedding Card Album

July 19, 2015
Another post in the series of "stuff I should have finished ages ago" is an album for our wedding cards. When we had our engagement party, I made an engagement card album, but everything since the wedding has sort of slipped (including my wedding Smashbook which still needs finished!).

This is our engagement album in case you missed it.

Wedding album

I knew I wanted to make something similar, but not exactly the same for our wedding card album. I also knew that we had about 5 times as many wedding cards, so it would need to be something a bit bigger to hold it together than just a metal ring like the engagement card album.

I saw a couple of albums on Pinterest tied together with twine, so I decided to go with that and just go with roughly what I did the first time around.

Wedding card album

To make the covers, I cut up an old Ikea cardboard box and then covered them in scrapbooking paper. I went for purple and green as those were out wedding colours. I had also just got some photos printed from our wedding for an album we had and also to finish my Smashbook, so I used this cute one our photographer took of a Polaroid I took as the front cover. Then I just covered it in cute stickers and washi tape.Our wedding was woodland themed, so I tried to fit in a few cute animals!

Wedding card album

Wedding card album

Wedding card album

Wedding card album

I used some garden twine from my mum to tie the whole thing together. I figured this would be perfect as it fit in with our colour scheme, and I thought it would be a lot stronger than normal string or twine.

Wedding card album

I'm not going to lie, it's totally huge, but it's so nice to have all the cards together and sorted. It also means I can now store the cards away, instead of having them sitting in a massive pile waiting for something to be done with them.

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.