Sticker Magnets

July 24, 2015
Today's craft took care of two things I really wanted to do, which is just great in my books.

The first was to use up some lovely stickers I had. Donald got me some amazing stickers as a present a little while ago, but they were so lovely I didn't know where to use them. Like any good stationery addict, I end up hording a lot of stuff because I don't want to use (read waste) it.

The second point was in our new house I have a craft room. It's beyond exciting, and it means I get to have a lovely crafty desk. I thought especially with a baby on the way, it would be a good idea to have all my crafty stuff tucked away. The back of my new desk is a magnectic board, and I've been looking for some new magnets for a while, but thought I would probably never find a nice enough set and I should just make some, perhaps out of Fimo or something.

Well last week I was reading some crafty blogs, and I came across someone (though I litetrally can't remember where I read it) saying they had a similar problem to me when it came to using amazing stickers, and how good an idea it was to turn them into magnets! I was sold, as it got rid of two of my problems at once.

I purchased 6 A4 sheets of magent sheet from eBay for £4.50, which I thought was awesome, and means I can make more in the future. Here are the stickers I used.

Magnets

There were 6 that Donald got me, as well as 2 cute pigeon ones I got from work and wasn't sure how to use them.

Magnets

They all fit on one sheet of the A4 magnet sheet, with not too much getting lost when I cut them out. Cutting them out was quite fiddly due to the shapes of the stickers, but the magnet sheet was super easy to cut.

Magnets

And here they are all cut out! I managed to not slice off any bits I didn't mean to, which I was super proud of.

Magnets

Magnets

My desk now looks super cute, and I can start sticking things onto the backboard now I have magnets to do it with! I'm so happy these stickers have finally found a use, as they were far too cool to be sitting in a folder.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I actually found some of that magnet paper when I was cleaning up my craft room; now I just need some more awesome stickers! ^____^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a good idea eh? Not sure why I didn't think of it sooner, thank the lord for the internet! x

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.