Michael Myers Cross Stitch

I love horror movies, and Halloween is definitely one of my favourites. I remember when I was younger, it was one of the ones my mum refused to let me watch because she got so freaked out by it. It's just so creepy, not really gory, and I love it. It's one of the series of horror films that I actually quite like a lot of the rubbish sequels too, especially H20!

Last year around Halloween I was on Pinterest looking at some horror type crafts and came across this pattern for a Michael Myers plastic canvas portrait. I thought it would look pretty cool in cross stitch.



The pin said it might be a cool idea to use glow in the dark stitches on the white bit, but I decided to use black aida and white glow in the dark thread and just stitch the face, as I thought it would look more spooky.

I've literally been working on this piece since I found the pin! I can't believe it's taken me since October, but it was always something I worked on when I didn't have anything else on the go (which isn't very often).

Halloween cross stitch

Halloween cross stitch

And here it is all framed.

Halloween cross stitch

Halloween cross stitch

I tried to get a photo that showed the glow in the dark-ness, but it was quite hard. This was the best I could get from shutting myself in the hall cupboard!

Halloween cross stitch

I used the DMC glow in the dark thread for this (E940), and it was nowhere near as bad to work with as some other "effects" thread are, so that was a relief. And I'm finally glad to have ticked something else off my "want to make" list!

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.