Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Crochet Bowl

I would regard myself as quite a tidy person. Donald however, isn't always the best at sticking to my version of tidy. Since we've moved house we have this big tall table thing in the living room that he dumps the contents of his pockets on to, and I forever want to make look nicer.

He recently bought himself a new change jar, to put all his coppers in, but he still uses the table for a key/chewing gum/rest of change dumping ground. I decided if I made him a little crochet basket for all his stuff, it would look cuter and keep the table that bit tidier.

I had trouble finding a crochet basket tutorial that would work with the yarn I had, as lots of them were super chunky, and I really didn't want to buy anymore just for such a small project. I eventually went with this one from JustBCrafty, as it said worsted weight yarn, and I figured my Caron Simply Soft in black would be a good replacement. As with most of these basket patterns, you're supposed to use cotton yarn, but I just used acrylic stuff.

This was super quick to whip up, and Donald is always pleased when I make him something crafty that's just for him. I went for black wool because most of the furniture in our living room is black, so it fitted well.

Crochet bowl

Crochet bowl

Crochet bowl

Crochet bowl

Crochet bowl

I'm not sure I finished it off right, as I gave up using a stitch marker halfway round as the black was messing with my eyes, so it might be a bit squint. I figure if I get some chunky yarn in the future, I can maybe make something better and perhaps bigger (as Donald's car keys are huge) but this is definitely doing the job for now. I do love the wee handles though, they are super cute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment