Well, it's been some time since I posted. A good couple of months! I have a couple of really good excuses though. I've literally had no time for crafting, so there was nothing to blog about, which has made me quite sad. It's also meant my New Year's list has gone out the window. But I've finally found time to not only craft, but also post about the couple of things I've finished since the last time I posted.
So excuse number one: We bought a house!
This is super exciting, as I literally never thought we'd be able to afford it! We bought a lovely house out in West Lothian (which is on the outskirts of Edinburgh) and it's just lovely! So much better than living in a third floor flat.
Excuse number two: This little bump.
That's right! We're having a baby! And because all my energy has been going into growing this little bean, I've been sleeping most evenings rather than crafting!
But anyway, back to the crafting. Way back in April it was mine and the husband's first wedding anniversary. The theme for the first year is paper, so I decided to make him an amigurumi of one of his favourite TV shows Aqua Teen Hunger Force, because Master Shake is a milkshake, and the cup would be made out of paper. Get it? Sort of.
I'm so happy with how he turned out in the end, but the pattern was quite difficult to follow. I got the pattern for free from a blog called Nerdigurumi, which also has a pattern for the whole set of Aqua Teen Hunger Force characters.
Most of it worked out fine, but when I made the lid it was far too big for the body. The body finishes with a stitch count of 52, while the lid was 72, and unsurprisingly, huge. I had to pull it back a couple of rows and just put the lip for the lid in where I thought it looked right. I would have asked the maker of the pattern about it but in her FAQ it says "Stitch counts and I don’t get along… seriously, I took out a restraining order. I do my best to get it right, but I don’t have this hobby so I can do math, so you’ll have to forgive me if things don’t seem to add up sometimes.", so I thought it was probably best to leave it, as some other questions on the blog didn't get the nicest response. Oh well.
The important thing is Donald loves him, and he looks awesome, even if he was a pain in the butt. I was eyeing up the other characters, but I think I might leave them in case they melt my brain!
I used double knitting wool for the whole thing, as well as some embroidery thread and felt for the features, though I can't remember exactly which wool it was a I used as the craft slump/moving has wiped my brain. But as it's mainly white, so I don't think it's too much of a problem!