Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Embroidered Duvet Update

After being so excited to start this project, I feel like it's been quite easy for it to take a backseat to other things. I'm always aware it should be getting done, but as it's a purely selfish craft for me, there's no real rush to get going on it.

I didn't do anything on it last month, so in March I was determined to do at least one pattern.

I managed this lovely Loch Ness Monster (you can get the free embroidery pattern here).

Embroidery duvet

I mixed it up a bit in terms of stitches this time, and using Sublime Stitching's Embroidered Effects, I tried to split stitch on the water and the stem stitch on the body of the monster. I decided just to use back stitch on the monster's details.

It was quite fun to try different stitches and I can definitely see how different they look on the finished piece.

So we're two patterns down and probably about 100 more to go!

Embroidery duvet

This project is a step towards completing my New Year's List for 2015. You can check out my progress here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment