Sunday, 15 February 2015

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day dudes! While I'm not very into the commercial-ness of Valentine's Day, it's always fun to have an excuse to plan something awesome with your other half. Me and Donald enjoy making each other handmade cards, so I made him one inspired by M.I.A.'s song Paper Planes (though I saw the joke on Tumblr, it did not come from my brain.

Valentine's Day presents

While I did buy him a little something, I decided to make him something as well. He loves the TV show Arrested Development, so I embroidered some hankies with quotes from the show. Donald is the only person I know who still uses fabric hankies, and I've had a whole bunch left over from when I first started embroidering and made him a Tom Servo one. I thought it might be a good idea to use them up and destash!

Valentine's Day presents

Valentine's Day presents

Valentine's Day presents

Valentine's Day presents

Valentine's Day presents

I used an air erasable pen, and just free handed (which explains the wonky writing) the text onto the hankies before stitching over them in backstitch. Donald loved them, and I'm happy that I got to make a pressie without buying an extra supplies.

And in case you're interested, here's the card he made me.

My boy knows me well

0 comments:

Post a Comment