Friday, 27 February 2015

Draw Once a Month - February

Drawing always freaks me out a little bit. My main style of drawing has always been copying cartoons. I've discovered I'm quite good at drawing things like flowers and insects, but cartoons have definitely been my favourite. While I was doing this month's drawing I was just wondering how you can look at something, and move your hands in a way that makes it look like the thing you're drawing. It's weird how your brain works!

So for this month's drawing, I found a cool drawing of Mike from Monsters, Inc. as a rather scary looking monster, instead of the cutey he usually is. You can see the original image here.

Mike

Mike

He's so cool, I'm very happy. I went back to old faithful with Mike and just used normal colouring pencils.

This project is a step towards completing my New Year's List for 2015. You can check out my progress here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment