Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Fabric Luggage Tag

I've knocked two things off my list with this make, as it's both a free kit and I used my sewing machine. I've had this cute fabric luggage tag from Mollie Makes for ages now, but never really had a use for it. I decided it might make a cute case for my boring old work pass, so I gave it a go.

Luggage tag

Luggage tag

I have quite bad experiences with Mollie Makes kits that involved sewing, and I did have a little trouble with this. Both my fabrics pieces were slightly shorter than the dimensions they wanted you to cut them too for a starter, and I found the whole bit with inserting the plastic a bit fiddly. I ended up popping some double sided sticky tape on the inside to keep the edge of the yellow frame down, but it turned out quite nice. That cowboy fabric is just so cute, I'm glad I finally made something with it!

Here it is with my gross work pass in it, which I may have customised.

Luggage tag

This project is a step towards completing my New Year's List for 2015. You can check out my progress here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment