Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Crochet Flower Frame

First free kit of the year! Woo! Start as I mean to go on eh? I decided to knock up the the crochet flower frame kit which I got free from Mollie Makes as it looked quite quick.

You didn't get the base of the frame, so you had to cut a circle out of some cardboard and then cover it in double crochet stitches. However, when I had done the amount of stitches they asked for, my card circle wasn't really covered, so I did another 18 stitches, as the next bit was in round of 9, and it looked much better. However, this meant I didn't have enough of the provided wool for the project, so I used some grey double knitting wool I had instead. The little plastic crochet hook they provided was also rubbish! It was only 3mm, so it bent under the weight of trying to do a treble. I used it for about 2 minutes before I swapped to my own metal one.

Crochet frame

Crochet frame

I stuck a cute little deer picture, which I think was from a Mollie Makes calendar a couple of years ago, which I backed with some card to make it stiffer, and then fabric glued on. The kit does say it has free printables for the frame, but you actually have to print them from the Mollie Makes blog, so I couldn't be bothered, and decided on something cute instead.

Crochet frame

Crochet frame

I think it looks super cute hanging up on the side of our bookcase, and a little dent has been made in the free kit pile!

This project is a step towards completing my New Year's List for 2015. You can check out my progress here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment