Friday, 16 January 2015

Christmas Presents - Donald

My final homemade present this year was for Donald and it was an Evil Dead Kindle cover. A while ago a made him a little felt iPod cover which looked like the book from Evil Dead (as it's his favourite film), so I thought a matching Kindle cover would be pretty cool.

The pattern came from a book I had owned for a while called Evil Knits and I had never attempting it before because it had a lot of i-chord work, and a while ago that scared me. I came across the pattern again and decided I was brave enough to try it so ordered the wool and got going.

I started this ages ago, as I needed to knit it when I visited my mum so Donald wouldn't see, but I finally finished it a couple of week before Christmas.

Evil Dead kindle case

You can see the different colours that run through the yarn in this picture. For some reason only the super close up made it light up like this!

Evil Dead kindle case

Evil Dead kindle case

It even had a little button closure on the back!

Evil Dead kindle case

Evil Dead kindle case

I'm super impressed with how it turned out. When I had finished the actual pouch, I wasn't that happy with it because it was just two rectangles of knitting, but when I added the face I was over the moon. It just looks so cool! Donald was super happy with it too, and even thought I'd actually bought it from Etsy or something because it looked so profesh.

It's actually a little big for his Kindle (as it's meant for an iPad), but it's so cool I don't think either of us care.

0 comments:

Post a Comment