Pom Pom Wreath

December 10, 2014
If you've been on Pinterest looking at Christmas crafts, you will no doubt have seen loads of pom pom wreaths going about. I really loved this idea, and decided this year I would finally make one. I had a lot of little amounts of Christmassy coloured wool in my stash, and as I love using up odds and ends, I thought this would be a great way to do it.

The only thing I had to buy was the actual wreath. I just bought a metal frame from eBay, which only cost a couple of quid. I forgot to take a photo of it before I started, but here's one of it with just a couple of poms poms attached.

Something exciting is happening :)

I basically made pom poms of four different sizes using my pom pom makers, and then tied them over the sides of the wreath. I had to sew some of the bigger ones together with some spare wool, as they were swinging about a bit.

Pom Pom wreath

Pom Pom wreath

Pom Pom wreath

I plan to hang it on the door when I get around to Christmas decorating (probably this weekend!).

Pom Pom wreath

I'm very happy with how it turned out, and I used up all the remnants I had left of those colours (some of which were from when I made my granny tree skirt!).

2 comments:

  1. Ah, it's gorgeous! I love it and now I want one, too! I guess I will have to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They are quite fast to knock up so you defo still have time!

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.