Cross Stitch Gifts

December 24, 2014
I love making gifts for other people, and there's something so lovely and neat about cross stitch than draws me to it for gifts. Today we have a couple of gifts I made for some of my friends, one for a wedding and one for a birthday.

First up, our lovely friends Sven and Stacey got married in August, and I decided to cross stitch them a wedding day sampler. I actually finished it after the wedding, so I was able to include little things from the actually wedding day in it, like lyrics from their first dance song.

Wedding cross stitch

Wedding cross stitch

Wedding cross stitch

Wedding cross stitch

Wedding cross stitch

Wedding cross stitch

Wedding cross stitch

My second gift was for my friend Julie for her birthday. Julie is a huge Rik Mayall fan, so I decided to make her a Young One cross stitch, with a quote from Rik Mayall's character. I used this iotacons picture for the cross stitch pattern, and this amazing online tool to spell out the quote.

Young Ones Cross stitch

Young Ones Cross stitch

Young Ones Cross stitch

Young Ones Cross stitch

I love cross stitching so much. I need to do a lot more of it, as I seem to have been spending some much time recently knitting and crocheting.

2 comments:

  1. These are brilliant, i love the Young Ones cross stitch so much! That reminds me that i started a cross stitch a couple of months ago and completely forgot about it, time to dig it out and finish it finally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yeah it's easy to start a cross stitch and tuck it away for ages! I have one I started on Halloween I really need to get going on

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.