Wednesday, 26 November 2014

They're All Dead Dave

It was my Dad's birthday a few days ago, and as it was a big one (his 50th), I decided to make him something cool to pop in with it. When I was little my dad introduced me to the TV show Red Dwarf, and it's something I still love till this day. I really wanted to make him something Red Dwarf related, and after debating over a few pre-exsisting patterns, I decided to make one up myself.

I saw this quote, which is super famous if you're into Red Dwarf, on Pinterest and decided I would make my own version of it! In case you can't read it, it says "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."



So here's my version! I'm super happy with how it turned out!

Red Dwarf cross stitch

Red Dwarf cross stitch

Red Dwarf cross stitch

I used my trusty cross stitch text tool to make up the quote, and I also used it for the large H's in the corner. I also used this perler bead pattern for the little fish.

The border was just to add a little decoration to the text. The silver H's are to represent the H on Rimmer's forehead (he's a character who's a hologram, hence the H on his forehead, and it's a version of him from another dimension who says the quote I used (called Ace Rimmer)), and I actually managed to use metallic floss for it without killing anyone. The little fish are just to represent the kippers (even though I know they are goldfish).

I like stitching something sort of cobbled together instead of just from a straight pattern, so this was fun though I did have to re-do that little bottom fish about 5 times to get him in a correct looking position! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment