Mollie Makes Pretty Rose Cross Stitch

November 09, 2014
As you may know, I have far too many free kits. Like it's insane. I have stopped buying craft magazines (apart from the odd one now and then) so the collection isn't really growing, but I would love to try and make as many of them as possible.

One of such free kits was this lovely pretty rose cross stitch from Mollie Makes.

Rose cross stitch

Rose cross stitch

Rose cross stitch

Rose cross stitch

I love the technique of laying the ribbon across the stitching and trapping it between the hoops. It's such a lovely effect. The directions for the kit did suggest wrapping the hoop in ribbon too, but I liked the way it looked plain, so I just left it.

2 comments:

  1. I had this kit too, but didn't make it up how it was meant to be (rebel, rebel! ~___^). I really like how yours looks, the ribbon and lace on the side is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the technique, and it's something I hadn't thought of before, so I'll need to see if I can sneak it in more!

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.