Friday, 7 November 2014

Guess Who's Back?

Seems I can't stay away for too long eh? I've not blogged properly since August, and while I'm not going to lie and say Tumblr isn't faster to use, I sort of miss planning out what to write in posts that aren't just a photo of my crafting. Tumblr is very visual, and I always felt bad writing more than a few sentences. I was looking through my blog over the past week or so and I realised I missed it. It's a great record of my crafting and how far I've come, and it's so cool to look back on it all. Especially things like my New Year's Resolutions, which is the reason I started blogging in the first place. I guess as the end of the year creeps up on us, my mind is thinking about my crafty goals for the next year.

So I'm back, and hopefully people will be happy about that!

I thought I would recap some of things I crafted while I was absent from blogger so they're not missing from the lovely collection that is my blog.

I thought the best thing to cover first was Halloween, before we slip too far into November! Halloween was awesome this year, as this year we had two parties to go to, which meant two costumes! I won't lie, one costume definitely had more effort than the other one, but I had to go all out on actual Halloween night.

At the first party, I dressed as Chucky from the Child's Play movies and Donald dressed as Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies.

Chucky! #halloween

Chucky face #halloween

Donald's Leatherface mask

Donald's Leatherface mask

You can find the tutorial I used for my Chucky makeup here. There are a lot of them on YouTube, but after watching a few I liked this one the best.

After discovering that Leatherface masks were expensive, I offered to make one for Donald instead. He bought a mask from the pound shop, and I sewed lots of layers of felt on to it with thick stitches using embroidery thread. I think it turned out really well, and we got lots of compliments on it on the night.

For the second night, I dressed as Fry from Futurama (complete with brain slug) and Donald went as Jason from the Friday the 13th movies.

Brain slug

Brain slug


Donald as Jason

I crocheted the brain slug the morning of the party, which perhaps wasn't the best idea I've ever had. I used this pattern to make the slug, and this pattern for the antenna, as I found the original ones far too fiddly consider how small the crochet hook was!

Brain slug

Brain slug

And finally, here is my pumpkin this year. A Teenage Mutant Ninja pumpkin (inspiration for this found here)! I've very happy with how he turned out, and it was quite quick to do as he was mainly painting and very little actual carving.

My teenage mutant ninja pumpkin this year! #halloween
So stay tuned for more crafty posts of what I've been up to over the past couple of months, and all the new stuff I'm making right now (I seriously have about 12 things on the go! Stupid Christmas!).

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. All of your costumes are really great! I love how you've created outfits that look simple to put together, but are really recognisable and effective! Also, I can't get over your Chuckie hair - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I bought the t-shirt for Chucky but that was it. Oh lord, it looked amazing on the night, but lordy it took forever to brush out before I went to bed!

    ReplyDelete