Ewok Hoods - Yup, Plural!

November 30, 2014
After my confidence building amigurumi adventures, I decided to crochet up a little pattern that has been pinned on Pinterest for quite some time, the Ewok hood (or the Yub Nub Scoodie as the free pattern is called).

I've always had a big of "the fear" when it comes to crocheting a big chain instead of a granny square or circle, but with a bit hook and some nice chunky yarn, it was actually really easy!

Ewok hood

Ewok hood

Ewok hood

Ewok hood

Ewok hood

Ewok hood

Ewok hood

After I had made one for myself, I had a couple of friends ask for ones, and even though I don't usually like making the same thing more than once, I went for it.

Ewok hood

Ewok hood

I used grey wool for this one, and went down to 5.5mm hook, because I thought mine was a little on the baggy side.

Child's Ewok hood

Child's Ewok hood

And finally this one is a kid sized one. I used a little modification I found to the original pattern, which you can find here!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you. They were very fun to make and quite quick too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool! I have been meaning to make one of them for a while and you've reminded me that I really must! I really like the grey variation, and they all look lovely and cosy ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Yeah the orange was a tad more brighter than it should of been. It was supposed to be a more burnt orange colour, but I couldn't find any of that! The grey one is defo more subtle ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please help. I have the same pattern that you are linking to. However, your completed product isn't anywhere near what I did... I'm trying to make more for my family of 4. the first one didn't come out or looks like yours and I want them too. Please let me know what you did different to the pattern pretty please. Any alterations to the original pattern would be greatly appreciated ... I'm so frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Christina, I didn't do anything different to the original pattern for the two adult sized ones, apart from going down to a smaller hook for the grey one because the orange one was a bit too big for my head.

    As for the child sized one, according to the modified pattern I used the only thing they did different was I used an H hook and worsted weight yarn and originally chained 123 in row 1 instead of 143 so it would be a bit shorter.

    If you're still having trouble, maybe check out the raverly page (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/yub-nub-scoodie) to see what other people who've tried the pattern have said.

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.