Actual Amigurumi!

November 14, 2014
I love crochet, and granny squares are sort of my go to crochet make, but I've always wanted to be able to do amigurumi. Well recently I gave it a shot, and low and behold I actually managed it! I can't even cope with the fact I've managed to make little crochet creations. It's just opened up a whole new world of Pinterest pins to me!

So my very first amigurumi make is the amazingly cute Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy. You can get the free pattern from him from the lovely Twinkie Chan's blog. He's super easy to make (from someone who literally hadn't made any amigurumi before), so I would suggest giving him ago!

Groot amigurumi

Groot amigurumi

Groot amigurumi

Groot amigurumi

Groot amigurumi

Groot amigurumi

I mean look how cute he is! He even has pipe cleaners in his arms so you can re-position him. I am in love.

My second shot was this cute little dumpling and soy sauce couple I've had pinned for ages. You can get the free pattern for them here. Love a free pattern.

Crochet dumpling and soya sauce

Crochet dumpling and soya sauce

Crochet dumpling and soya sauce

Crochet dumpling and soya sauce

Crochet dumpling and soya sauce

Crochet dumpling and soya sauce

I am really happy with how these turned out too, though I feel I could have done the soy sauce bottle's lid a little better, and instead of a lip, there's a line of brown stitches which should be hidden. I also decided not to stitch soy on the bottle, as I liked him better plain. They fit in very nicely with my lovely knitted milk carton!

So basically, amigurumi isn't as hard as you think it is, and it introduced me to how important using a stitch marker is! Give it a go if you've been thinking about it, it's super fun!

4 comments:

  1. They look great! Amigurumi is not my favourite thing to crochet, since I have to pay attention to stitch markers ~___^ But that Groot is so adorable! I really must try to make my own ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha yeah, it defo isn't as easy to do like granny squares. But yeah I do love the way they turn out. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all unbelievably cute! In love with them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I do love anything with a face ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.