809 - Granny Square a Week 9-12

August 09, 2014
Granny square a week

Happy Saturday everyone! Hopefully you enjoy another update of my latest batch of squares from the Simply Crochet Granny Square a Week app. They are definitely getting more challenging as the weeks go on, so it's totally challenging my crocheting ability. But it's nice to see I'm still able to finish them all! I guess I'm better at crochet than I thought I was!

Granny Square 1 - Granny June.
Granny square a week

I'm not too sure about the middle of this one if I'm honest, but overall I think it's quite nice. I like the circle part of the second round, so that probably makes up for the middle bit being a bit wonky.

Granny Square 2 - Granny Florence.
Granny square a week

I really like this one. It's quite simple but the thinner edging makes it look quite fancy.

Granny Square 3 - Granny Margot.
Granny square a week

I love this one, mainly due to the colours that I picked. Though I'm not sure how you would use this one in a blanket or such, with the edging being so thin, but I really like it.

Granny Square 4 - Granny Marjorie.

Granny square a week

I'm not too sure about this one. It looks accurate to the photo, but I just don't really like the style. It looks a bit too open and loose for my liking, and I'm not sure about the little bumps on the outside. Still, it's nice to try something different every once in a while.

2 comments:

  1. These squares look great but I agree about the last one. Something just seems...off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I like the layers the further it goes out, but the middle just looks a bit weird! Oh well, I'll know to avoid that one in future! :)

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.