Saturday, 5 July 2014

799 - Wedding Sampler

Last week my oldest friend Zara got married to her lovely boyfriend of 10 years, Mark. I was very honoured to be invited to the whole thing and it was such an amazing day. Weddings are just so much fun.

I wanted to make her something cute to pop in with her main pressie, so I decided to cross stitch her something. Hoping that I can still judge her sense of humour, I went for something a bit subversive.

Wedding cross stitch

Wedding cross stitch

Wedding cross stitch

I actually saw a pattern for a more elaborate, old fashioned styled sampler, which I thought was amazing, but the pattern was rather pricey because the Etsy seller customised it with the bride and groom's names, rather than just give you an alphabet chart and let you do it yourself like most of the other wedding samplers I saw did. So I decided to use these very pretty letters from Jo Verso's World of Cross Stitch. I then just popped on a alternating border from two of the colours I used in the flowers.

I love having so many fat quarters hanging around my fabric bag, because it means I always have some nice fabric spare to back my cross stitches with.

I have A LOT of weddings coming up in next few months, so this may no be the last handmade wedding gift you see from me! 

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous gift! Your fat quarter looks great with it too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It was a lot of fun to make! x

    ReplyDelete