Saturday, 14 June 2014

793 - Granny Square a Week 1-4

Granny squares

A little while ago, I blogged about Simply Crochet's awesome new app, Granny Square a Week. I decided that I should really have a bash at all the granny square patterns on offer.

As you know, I love a granny square, but I only really know how to do the basic one and a granny rectangle. I decided to widen my knowledge and have a go at all the patterns.

I'm going to try four per post, so they'll be split up a little bit. So here's the first four squares from the app for you to have a gander at.

Granny Square 1 - Your First Granny.

Granny squares

Even though I've made a good few granny squares, I decided to still have a bash at the first one. I always sort of forget the chain placement of a basic square, so it's good to have the pattern at hand on my phone. I honestly think this is the neatest regular granny square I've ever made, so I definitely think this is a pattern I'll be going back to.

Granny Square 2 - Granny Edna.

Granny squares

I went for a warm colour scheme for this one, and I love the way it turned out! It's so neat and pretty. I also think that a square like this would make a nice pot holder or something because it doesn't have as much of an open stitch as the regular square.

Granny Square 3 - Granny Mabel.

Granny squares

I am in love with this square! It's quite a lot bigger than the other, but I just love the combo of the two styles of the previous squares. I also love the wee edging on it. A blanket of these would look lush.

Granny Square 4 - Granny Doris.

Granny squares

Last one and bit of a cool colour pallet, this is a granny square style I see a lot of on Pinterest, so I was happy to give it a try finally! It started off more of a circle, until you put the corners in with the stripey purple round. A bit more fiddly that the other ones, it still turned out lovely.

Basically, I am in love with granny squares. They are great for using up your stash and improving your crochet knowledge quite quickly, but still having a finished product to show off. I think I'll just save up all these squares, it's just fun to have a bash and see what I can make.

1 comments: