Saturday, 24 May 2014

787 - Simply Crochet Granny Square App

Have you seen Simply Crochet's new FREE app? It's called Granny Square a Week and I have to say, I'm quite excited about it! I love making granny squares, as you may already know, but I only really know how to make the one "classic" type of granny square. Also, even with the classic granny square, I often forget how many chains go where, so to have it on my phone all the time sounds quite convenient.

I downloaded the app last week, so I thought I would give you a little peek.

The app is set up like a digital edition of a magazine app, where you download each granny square like an issue when it's released. 

Granny square app

Then they get stored in your library so you can view them whenever you want. These are the three patterns that are up for grabs just now.

Granny square app

Granny square app

When you click on a pattern, you get the option to see the UK or the USA instructions, which is pretty snazzy.

Granny square app

You then get the pattern, which includes the materials you'll need, the pattern written out or the pattern chart, whichever tickles your pickle.



Granny square app

Granny square app

Granny square app

Granny square app

I have to say, I love it! And I'm quite excited to see what other granny squares they come out with. It's going to be so handy to just have it on my phone, instead of relying on the internet or having a book to hand.

The only thing I'm worried about is in the past, when Mollie Makes and Simply Crochet have offered you free issues to download, they just randomly disappear from my iPhone, which is a pain. I know these patterns will be free all the time, but I still don't want to have to download them a lot!

The app is only available on iOS just now, but I highly recommend it! And come on, it's free, what have you got to lose?

0 comments:

Post a Comment