Monday, 5 May 2014

780 - Totoro Cake Toppers

One thing myself and Donald were quite clear about in relation to our wedding was we wanted amazing cake toppers. Trying to find something to fit into our woodland theme that Donald was also down with was quite hard, but I suggest Totoro. It's a movie we both love, and Totoro is a woodland sprite, so it fitted in with our themed.

I contacted a lovely little Etsy shop called LokiCoki to see if she would be able to make some little plush Totoro cake toppers, as I follow her on Tumblr and have seen her make cute cake toppers before. After some back and forth we decided that crochet might be better for such tiny creatures. Now I allowed her to post photos on her blog and Facebook the whole time she was making them, as long as she didn't tell people who they were for, so I go to see a lot of work in progress photos, which made everything so much more exciting, so I'm so happy to be able to finally show them off!

LokiCoki also mentioned she had made us a custom box for our lovely cake toppers, which as you'll see, is also amazingly cute!

Cake toppers

Cake toppers

Cake toppers


Cake toppers




Cake toppers
Look at his wee sporran!

Cake toppers

Cake toppers

Cake toppers

Cake toppers

LOOK AT THEM! Aren't they just amazing! You can see how tiny they are in comparison to my hands! I can't imagine how good at crochet you have to be to pull these little critters off. Here are some pictures from them on our cake on the big day!







 So if you are looking for awesome cake toppers, I highly recommend LokiCoki. She was amazing through the whole process and delivered the perfect product in the end. I couldn't be happier!


2 comments: