771 - Embroidered brooches

April 14, 2014
It was my friend and bridesmaid Cat's birthday last month, and I decided to make a little something handmade to pop in with her main present. I found a little embroidered button kit I had got free with Mollie Makes quite some time ago, and decided to make her a little set of brooches.

The kit came with red, pink and blue thread, but I decided to use some mini patterns from Doodle Stitching: The Motif Collection instead of the ones included in Mollie Makes. I settled on a little ladybird, cupcakes and toad stool.

Embroidered buttons

Embroidered buttons

Embroidered buttons

Embroidered buttons

I've made covered buttons before, but only cross stitched ones, which meant the fabric was quite thick and hard to push into place. These were a lot easier because the linen from the kit was quite thin.

I then attached some safety pins through the small holes in the back so they can be worn like brooches.

I really want to make a whole set of these for myself and replace normal buttons on a jacket or something with them. And another free kit down. Woo!

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.