770 - Breaking Bad Cross Stitch

April 12, 2014
As this post goes up, I will be more than likely getting ready for and/or freaking out about the fact I'm getting MARRIED TODAY! Holy cow! Post-wedding I'm sure there will be lots of posts on bits and pieces about the big day, but for now, let's look at something I started a shamefully long time ago.

Ages ago on Twitter my friend Lee asked if I could make him a Breaking Bad cross stitch he had seen on the internet. I had a quick look on Etsy, and there were a few different patterns of the same quote. We decided on one from this shop (though the exact patter doesn't seem to be listed anymore. Bummer.) and I got to work.

It took me a shamefully long time to complete this. I bought the pattern in December and only finished it a few weeks ago, but I promised I would have it done for him moving back to Edinburgh, which I did. But still!

Anyway, here it is, in all it's glory. Even though I don't watch Breaking Bad myself, I love how this turned out. It's so pretty to look at.

Breaking Bad cross stitch

Breaking Bad cross stitch

Breaking Bad cross stitch

I'm annoyed it looks a little squint when I framed it, but it appears to be the aida that's wonky and not my framing. I framed it with some lovely floral fabric to give it a granny sampler feel, despite what the quote says!

This pattern was lovely to do, even though it seemed to take forever to get the words done. No back stitch too, which is always a plus! 

No comments:

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.