Saturday, 5 April 2014

767 - Mollie Makes DIY Fashion

I spent more time than I would like to say hunting down this Mollie Makes special DIY Fashion issue. I went to like 10 different shops before I found it, which I think is a bit ridiculous. Anyway, I finally found it in Asda.

I've never bought any of the Mollie Makes specials before, but I really liked the look of this one, because making fashion related things sounds lush, and it's always nice to do little projects to spice up your wardrobe.

Crafty books

It's a lovely mix of fashion inspiration, interviews with people like the lovely Twinkie Chan (who apparently is turning 38 this year?!?! What! She looks about 21!) and some crafty projects. I picked three of my favourite which I definitely want to make. I'll just add them to the ever growing list eh?

Crafty books


First up is this lovely double sided collar. I've wanted to make myself a collar for ages, and I keep seeing lovely patterns, but I've never gotten around to it (because of my fear of the sewing machine!). This one is basically two in one though, so I feel I should really get a move on.

Crafty books

Look at this back patch. I mean just look at it. I have a little cropped denim jacket I've been wanting to add a back patch to for a while, but I've never seen one I liked/could ship to the UK without spending loads of money. This one is created using one of those freehand embroidery feet for your sewing machine, which I luckily own after seeing it featured on one of Kirstie's many crafty shows. It does look quite complicated and like it would take quite a lot of my concentration, but it's so lovely.

Crafty books

Finally, clip on shoe bows. I really want to make some awesome things to clip on to the front of my shoes, like pom poms and bows. This makes it look super easy, I just need to get my hands on some shoe clips.

Overall, I really liked this Mollie Makes special, and it has given me my much need magazine fix after I stopped my Mollie Makes subscription last month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment