Saturday, 15 March 2014

758 - What's In My Knitting Bag

I love crafty supplies. They are half the fun of crafting if I'm honest. The set of crafty supplies I love the most is my knitting supplies. My knitting bag is just choc full of lovely things and I get very excited every time I sit down to knit or crochet and get to use all my beauties. Now I have a lot of things in my knitting bag, if you don't like looking at photos of knitting supplies, this maybe isn't the post for you!

What's in my knitting bag

This is my lovely cherry print knitting bag. I had it for ages and used to keep loads of my hair supplies in it, but after I got into knitting, I remembered I had it, and moved it over to it's true purpose.

What's in my knitting bag

See what I mean? Heaving!

What's in my knitting bag

I have two knitting dolls (neither of which I can actually work) in my knitting bag, one which I bought myself and one which I got for a pressie. Also these lovely heart topped pins which I got from eBay, but I believe came free in Cross Stitcher.

What's in my knitting bag

My two knitting bags. I usually use the little one to keep little bits and pieces, like granny squares together. The Game of Thrones bag currently has my giant granny blanket progress in it.

What's in my knitting bag

This is my big knitting needles pouch, for everything that's basically too big to fit in other places. Chunky knitting needles, double pointed needles, a huge stitch holder and my needle size gauge.

What's in my knitting bag

Big circular knitting needles and more regular size of circular knitting needles that I bought when I first started knitting, before I knew what they even did. Alongside my little red wool bag, I also have some address labels for labelling balls of wool so I know which type they are, a pen, highlighter and notepad.

What's in my knitting bag

These are also my pom pom makers I just got. I popped them in this cute teddy bear print bag I've had for a while to keep them safe.

What's in my knitting bag

These are all my loose crochet hooks. All the plastic ones on the left are from one set, which go from tiny to the huge amber one in the middle. All the ones on the right are ones I've gotten free in kits and such. They are the same size as ones I have already, but I don't like getting rid of crafty supplies I might use on day.

What's in my knitting bag

My lovely circular needle set I got a little while ago.

What's in my knitting bag

Stitch counters and safety pins.

What's in my knitting bag

I got this cute little tin free in one of my many cross stitching magazines and it has a magnetic lid which is great for keeping my yarn needles safe. I also keep my tape measure, small stitch counter and needle point protectors in.

What's in my knitting bag

Knitting needle roll, for my more normal sized knitting needles, and my main crochet hook set.

What's in my knitting bag

I got this little bag in Company magazine and use it for the rest of the random stuff I have. This includes my owl stitch counter, small stitch holders, scissors, sheep shaped double pointed needle point protectors, pom pom makers, pin cushion, post-it notes and cable needles.

What's in my knitting bag

And finally, in the front pocket of my knitting bag, I keep all my swatches and any tester pieces I've made, just to remind me how far I've come when it comes to learning knitting and crochet. They are honestly crafts I never thought I would be able to do, so I'm really happy that I can manage even the basic things I do!

3 comments:

  1. Loved nosing through your bag! I really need to organise my supplies better!! I really want something to keep all my needs together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting bad is so cute :3 This looks like a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Yeah that's why I love my knitting bag, all knitting supplies are just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete