So here are 5 things I love about this book!
- There's no thread colours list, which means you can just be free and make up your own colours! I know you can do this anyway even if there is a list, but I usually cave in and buy the colour I'm being told to. You know what this means guys? No little symbols that are hard to read. Just coloured squares! Hooray!
- There's tips on designing your own cross stitch, which you don't get a lot. I've had a pad of square paper for ages now, and after one attempt at a Bio-Shock pattern have never tried again. However, I might give it a bash now.
- The patterns! There are amazing things like shrimp, flying ducks, Nintendo controllers and those little china dogs you get in pairs! Everyone is so cute and that bit different from what you usually see.
- I love the mix of tiny and big patterns. Sometimes cross stitch can feel like it takes forever, but there are so many tiny patterns in here, perfect for buttons and the likes, I feel like I'll be able to dip in to it instead of setting myself up for a huge project.
- The actual project, as seen above (especially the t-rex bag and the owl collar) are so cute. Love seeing ideas to do things with cross stitch rather than just framing it. Also, I have so many self-cover buttons it's not even funny, so I know a lot of them will be getting covered with these patterns.