Monday, 20 January 2014

737 - Art Supplies

So one of my New Year's resolutions is to use my art supplies and do more bigger pieces of art and not just the little bits and pieces I usually do (which I'm basically doing with my sketch a day anyway). As a sort of guilt myself into actually using all my lovely things, I thought I would post about my art supplies. It also gave me a chance to go through everything and see what I actually had.

I bought like everything I wanted a couple of years ago in the post Christmas sales, so I'm sad to say some stuff actually still has the wrapping on! Bad Kim!

Art supplies

Oil and chalk pastels. I used these a lot when I did art in high school. The chalk pastels I think I've actually had high school, but I bought myself a new set of oil ones as the other set had been put in a pencil case instead of the box (for some reason) and were quite dirty and snapped in several pieces.

Art supplies

Next up watercolours. The WH Smith set and the white pallet are also brand new. The white ones I've had for a while but I wanted a bigger selection of colours! I love watercolour paintings but I feel it's quite hard to control sometimes and I usually plump for watercolour pencils out of fear! But what's the worst that can happen eh!?

Art supplies

Oils and acrylics (including the small black set I got with one of those wooden drawing dolls). Ones I've never really used to be honest. I had a shot of the acrylic ones a while ago when I was doing a painting of Harley Quinn (which I decided to swap to pencils on half way through because I got lazy). Oils I've never had a shot of, ever, but my gran used to use them all the time so I thought it would be nice to have a shot.

Art supplies

Normal colouring pencils and watercolour pencils. I use these all the time so no problems there.

Art supplies

More watercolour pencils (again my set from high school), sketching pencils and a posh sketching set. The sketching set definitely gives me the fear because it's so pretty and I just don't feel I have the skills to use it! Plus I always want to colour things in all the time!

Art supplies

Lovely fine line pens, charcol (which lord knows how long I've had) and loads of paint brushes.

Art supplies

And other art related supplies. Oil paint spreader things, rules, pallet, more sketchy pencils, rubbers, sharpner and foldable water pot.

Art supplies

And all my sketch pads. One for oil paints, my normal one and two watercolour ones.

Art supplies

And finally, the lovely box I keep everything in!

I love all my things so much, I need to get over the fear of that first use, and just dive in! Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment