736 - Kim Pine Cross Stitch

January 18, 2014
I've had this Kim Pine pattern from PixyStitches for a while now, as I got in their free pattern Friday release they do. I downloaded it and filed it away for another day just to make sure I got it when it was free!

I decided to do it on black fabric, as that's how the pattern looks like it should be stitched, and I've never worked on black when doing cross stitch before. It was as bad as I thought it would be, but it certainly wasn't as straightforward as working away on normal white fabric is.

I've actually had it finished for a couple of weeks now, but I've finally just got round to framing it!

Kim Pine cross stitch

Kim Pine cross stitch

Now she's done it's up on the bookcase with her. I love the finished look and I'm so glad I decided to brave the black fabric as it just makes it look really bright! Plus Kim Pine is my spirit animal.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so cool! I love Kim; she has so many craft-worthy quotes too!! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really would love to make a WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PixyStitches doesn't seem to exist anymore, do you have the pattern? I love Kim Pine too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. Oh no that's rubbish! I had a look at they are still selling the pattern through Craftsy, here's the link! http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/embroidery/hand-embroidery/scott-pilgrim---kim-pine-quote-/37458

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.