731 - Crochet Coasters

January 04, 2014
With making my huge crochet cushions for Donald's family, I was trying to use up a lot of the odd bits of wool I had hanging around. However, as the rounds got bigger, it meant I was still left with a lot of little bits which I wasn't sure what to do with.

I decided to make some crochet coasters for my Gran, Auntie and Uncle using what was left.

Granny square coasters

Granny square coasters

Again, two different sets with different combos of wool. They are all trimmed in a nice Aran wool I had to give them a set feel, and the middles are all the same wool too.

Because they were handmade pressies I decided to wrap them up with some cross stitch tags I made previously and some nice ribbon.

Crochet coasters

Crochet coasters

Also to explain what they were in case my family wondered why I was giving them a pile of woolly squares!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love how versatile granny squares are ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! I love that I can make so many things even with limited crochet knowledge ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

All compiled thanks craft and geek power. Powered by Blogger.